The product has been tested to BS476 part 20 for floor openings with no penetrations and floor openings with steel pipes. It has also been tested to EN1366-3:2009 for floor openings containing various cables installed in cable ladders and cable trays.
Where should you use Firestop Compound?
PFC Corofil Firestop Compound CFSC is designed and tested for use to reinstate the fire resistance performance around service penetrations in large floor openings.
You should first shutter the opening with PFC Corofil Coated Panel friction fitted around the services. The Firestop Compound is then trowelled over the shuttering and around the services into the aperture to a thickness of 25 mm. Once cured, the compound is poured into the opening to top up and finish flush with the upper surface of the floor.
Please refer to the Performance Data tables in the Technical Data Sheet for exact specification details for each type of service penetration.
Features and benefits
- Provides up to 360 minutes integrity and insulation fire resistance performance with no penetrations
- Apertures up to 1200mm x 600mm
- Can be used to blank off floor openings up to 1000mm x 500mm
- Suitable for use around cable ladders and cable trays
- Suitable for use with steel pipes up to 115mm
- Third party certified